Simple Tips For The Iphone That Anyone Can Learn
An iPhone has great capabilities once you learn how to properly use it. The article you’ve just read has given you some important tips. Now that you are aware of these tips, you should be able to completely enjoy your iPhone. Have a blast with your iPhone!
The iPhone is an extraordinary piece of technology, but you probably already know that. That’s probably why you bought one in the first place. However, are you aware that the iPhone has many hidden features? Keep reading below to find out some awesome tips and tricks on how to make the most out of your phone.
- Get a larger keyboard to make the most of your phone’s Internet capabilities. This does not require you to make any purchases but simply an adjustment on your device. Rotate the iPhone sideways, tap the address bar within Safari, and voila! This gives you instant access to a larger keyboard.
- Whenever you learn how you can use your phone’s volume buttons for taking pictures, use your headphone cord to snap a quick picture. Steady your hands, and then press the button located on the cord. When you do this, you ensure that the device is not shaken. As a result, your image will appear much more crisp and clear.
- There are many useful apps available that transform your iPhone into a storage device for your important files. It is easy to grab text files, videos, music and photos. Simply plug the iPhone into your computer to get instant access to files. Or, you could even open the right from the iPhone.
- By default, your iPhone will show a preview of incoming messages on the lock screen. You may enjoy this feature, or you may find it annoying. You can disable the feature quite easily. Just open the Settings menu and go to “notifications,” then “messages.” You then want to disable the Show Preview option.
- If you have an iPhone that uses Siri, but are concerned with privacy, you may want to avoid communicating with her too much. Apple uses an internal server to hold and store the things you say to Siri. This is done so it helps the program’s speech recognition, and even though they try to secure these files, everything you talk to Siri about could be recorded.
- The Safari web browser on your phone acts just like a web browser on a desktop. It even allows you to save images from the web. All you need to do is tap and hold a picture you’d like to preserve when you come across it online. The context menu pops up, and you can save the picture to the Camera Roll on your phone. You can also choose to copy it to a message.
- If you have the Safari browser in your iPhone, you do not need to use the .com extension to access a site. For example, if you want to visit Amazon.com, just type “Amazon” to get to the site.
- If you ever drop your iPhone in water, do not attempt to turn it on right away. Dry the outside well and allow the any internal water to dry overnight. Activating a wet phone can short circuit it permanently.
- Make the suggested words box on your iPhone quickly disappear! You can tap anywhere on the iPhone screen to get rid of the suggestions box. There is no need to tap the x that appears after every word.
- By now, you probably already know how to use your iPhone to set reminders with a specific time. For example, you could say, “Remind me to call the dentist at 10 A.M.” However, are you aware that you can also set location-based reminders as well? As an example, you can set a notification that will remind you to stop at the pharmacy once you leave work. Remember that your iPhone has all different types of reminders that can come in handy for you.
- Be choosy about which apps you download to your iPhone. There are so many wonderful iPhone apps, some of which are free, while others that cost money. Some are not legitimate and may charge hidden fees.
- When you are on your iPhone device, you will sometimes get reminders that you do not want. Perhaps you wish to complete your initial task before addressing the notification. All you have to do is remove the notification from your screen. You only need to swipe away the pop-up bar when it appears on your screen.
- There is a way to take photographs using an iPhone without having to worry about any shaking. You can simply use the volume controls on your headphones. You need a steady hand centered onto the image you wish to capture before you do anything else. When you have your subject ready, just press the button on your headphone cord.
- If you drop your beloved iPhone in the water, resist the temptation to immediately turn it on and assess the damage. Dry off the exterior, then allow the moisture to dry overnight. You can short circuit your phone by turning it on while wet.
- You should not bother dealing with word corrections offered by the phone. When typing, if endless word corrections start to bother you, just tap the screen to eliminate the boxes. What this means is that you aren’t going to have to hit x all the time.
- Setting alerts and reminders is very easy; use this feature for your appointments and other obligations. However, you can also create reminders that are location-based! To utilize a location-based reminder, simply speak into your phone. There are many different reminders that you can implement on the iPhone.
- Your iPhone’s calendar is a great tool for staying organized. You can make it more efficient by directly adding your events rather than using the + button. First, change into “Day” view. Next, you can simply tap and hold any hour; a new event will automatically be created in that specific time. This will save you some time in your busy day.
- A good tip if you own an iPhone is to not get crazy with all of the apps. The iPhone platform has a lot of free and paid apps. Stay away from apps developed by a company you do not trust; some apps will collect your private information.